Fahad AlDehais AlMalki advises on Saudi Arabia regulatory and reform and is an advisor to a number of government ministries, departments and entities on projects relating to Saudi Vision 2030. Fahad is also a practicing litigator and has appeared and continue to appear in cases worth in excess of SAR 37 billion.
However, Fahad’s key practice is corporate advisory where he focuses more on capital markets, corporate governance, and mergers and acquisitions. The total capital market offerings Fahad has advised on exceeds SAR 6 billion.
He is a 2021 and 2022 Chambers and Partners ranked lawyer in corporate and commercial, and 2022 and 2020 Finance Monthly’s Capital Market Lawyer of the year. Fahad was the 4th lawyer to be selected to join the Capital Markets Authority’s Advisory Committee in 2019-20. He was selected to rejoin the Committee again and chair it in 2020-21 being the first lawyer to ever be elected by his fellow committee members and capital market leaders to Chair the CMA Advisory Committee. In June 2020, Fahad was selected by the Saudi Bar Association to be on its Advisory Committee to advise on redrafting the Saudi Law for Practicing Law, critical proposals and amendments were passed by the Government in early 2022. He started his career with the Saudi Central Bank (SAMA) (2003-2008).
Fahad’s recent experience includes amongst other matters:
- Advised on a number of prime market IPOs including Saudi Home Loans, Nayifat Finance Company (2019 application), Awazel (2016 application), AlHammadi Hospitals, MEPCO, and Farm Super Markets.
- Advised and continue advising on numerous prime market rights offerings including Gulf Union AlAhlia, AICC, Saudi Cables, ACIG, Maadaniya, SADR, and Tihama.
- Advised and continue advising on the first (Sumou) and a number of following Nomu promotions to the Prime Market.
- Advised and continue advising on the Nomu IPO and direct listing of a number of entities including KEIR, Tadweer, and others.
- Advised and continue advising on another mandate specially regulated entities on the IPO on Nomu.
- Advisor to many IPO readiness projects.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advisor to a sell-side on a public M&A in the cement sector.
- Advisor to a sell-side in F&B across a PIF subsidiary.
- Advisor advised on the aborted acquisition by Chubb Cooperative Insurance Company over AlAhli Takaful Insurance Company.
- Advisor Amana Cooperative Insurance Company on the full acquisition of another listed insurance company (Enaya).
- Advisor Fawaz AlHokair and Arabian Centers on the announced acquisition over a stake in Vogacloset.
- Advisor to AlAhlia Cooperative Insurance Company on its merger into Gulf Union Listed Insurance Company.
advising the Royal Court, the Ministry of Economy & Planning, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Culture, the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development, the General Authority of Zakat and Tax (and Customs), the Saudi Customs Authority (pre-merger into ZATCA), the General Culture Authority (pre-conversion into Ministry), the General Commission for Audiovisual Media amongst others of vision realization initiatives.
Honors & Accolades
- a 2021 and 2022 Chambers and Partners ranked lawyer in corporate and commercial.
- 2022 and 2020 Finance Monthly’s Capital Market Lawyer of the year.